Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wolf Creek 2005

Just when you thought it was safe to go hiking in the bushes again...along comes Mick Taylor. Kristy, Ben and Liz are three pals in their twenties who set out to hike through the scenic Wolf Creek National Park in the Australian Outback. The trouble begins when they get back only to find that their car won't start. The trio think they have a way out when they run into a local bushman named Mick Taylor. Wait until you get a load of what Mick has in store for them. Their troubles have just begun.



This is me: I like scary movies and I like this scary movie even though it was more torture that I usually like. I do not enjoy hostile Arnie the other torture movies. But this one had a high element of suspense. Watch it just to find out what head on a stick means.


Good morning.
You get me before that my first cup of coffee. It is 744 the morning. And if something good about life we can't wait to jump out of bed and get started. So what is the goal for the day? To learn! Now, where to start?

I've already started learning. Before even get out of bed. Started reading books on my phone while I lay in bed. I wasn't alone. Head and Pinto were there. But I wasn't alone reading either, Head had her phone and was reading her devotionals.


I read about being frugal. My only fear is to die without her retirement. Because I know I'm not in heaven retirement. So I'm already reading about how to be frugal. Frugal is another word for poor.
I also read about gardening and I really really really want get started gardening. I can't seem to get motivated. I will put a seed and dirt today that's a promise. No maybe about. I will plant the seed.

I switched from reading books on my phone to watching videos on how to repair fish tank. After having watched about 30 minutes of other people fixing their fish tanks. I now think I can fix my fish tank. Wish me luck.





I felt guilty about not putting more pictures in yesterday's ongoing try and do better…

It's already time for that second cup of coffee



 I'm back… Second cup of coffee in hand. I took the opportunity to put a batch of dough in the bread machine I am making piggies in a blanket this morning. Unfortunately we never heard from her friend Trudy. Perfectly understandable. She came into town from Denver and I'm sure her family had lots of things for her to do. A phone call would've been nice.

What is up with this awful but as long as I can start learning…

The magazine is a good place to start:
Science - April 12 2013
Newsflash, global warming is bad.
Bottom line, behavior developed very early in the evolutionary scheme of things


Music Was My First Love
Why do human beings enjoy music? Salimpoor
et al. (p. 216) combined behavioral economics
with brain scanning to explore how a piece of
music is considered rewarding to an individual
when it is heard for the fi rst time. They discovered
that neural activity in the mesolimbic striatum
during listening to a novel piece of music was the
best predictor of the money listeners were willing
to spend on buying the piece. These observations
implicate sensory cortical areas in reward process-
ing, which the authors attribute to the aesthetic
nature of the judgment.… I have to share this one with my youngest he loves to listen to music. This may explain why. In terms of biology that is.







Cloaked in Silence
The daily commute can be a trudge. On top
of that, you often have to share, involun-
tarily, in the irritating noise coming out of the
headphones of someone intent on going deaf
prematurely. Of course, there are also the more
serious safety aspects of protection from sudden
and loud noise, as well as the peace and quiet
provided by good sound insulation. The ideas
developed over the past decade in cloaking
an object from view using metamaterials and
transformational optics can also be carried to
other waveforms, including acoustics. Using such
ideas, Sanchis et al. have designed and fabri-
cated a three-dimensional (3D) acoustic cloak for
airborne sound. Their cloak consists of a series
of concentric tori that surround a sphere about
8 cm in diameter. Designed by an optimization
algorithm and using a 3D printing method to
fabricate the directional cloak, initial character-
ization shows that they can reduce the scattering
cross section of the sphere for sound of 8.55
kHz by some 90%. A design modifi cation should
be possible to make the cloak omnidirectional.
Perhaps it won’t be too long before such a cloak
can be incorporated into headphone design to
stop sound leaking out.






M I C R O B I O LO G Y
Not Just a Human Zoo
Human beings are stewpots of microorganisms infl uenced by a variety of environmental
perturbations to the detriment or enhancement of our health. Humans have penetrated
and disturbed nearly all habitats on the planet and in their turn infl uence the symbioses
and pathogens in the wild animals they encounter. For example, Amato et al. have dis-
covered that the diversity, richness, and composition of the microbiota of Mexican black
howler monkeys correlate with the quality of the habitat they inhabit (and eat). Monkeys
living in habitats degraded by human activity have simplifi ed microbiomes displaying
fewer genes for butyrate production, implying an impact on the monkeys’ overall health.
In an another example of an anthropogenic perturbation, the health of zoo elephants
has been compromised by an emerging, fatal, haemorrhagic herpesvirus disease, which
Zachariah et al. report also affects working elephants in southern India. It seems that
in this case the virus is endemic to Asia and has spread from this focus as humans have
spread elephants around the world’s zoos.





It is a 8:45 o'clock,… I like Dragon put that… And I've read 15 pages of the magazine. Here's my observation: the basic biology I have been studying with my youngest can be seen in almost every article. The youngest and I talk about building knowledge. The first time you read something you're just trying to get the main points and if there are too many points just a few main points. That's why you have to come back and study more to get the rest of the main points or to move on to the minor points and eventually get to the fine details. The basic review of biology has done me a world of good and society says that I should party know all the. Even if I knew it, by ability to remember indefinitely is limited.

I think I'm going to stop now and move from science to drawing because I am inspired by… X-ray of the mouse brain. Don't judge me. I cannot control where my inspiration comes from. Garbage in garbage out. Mouse brains in mouse brains out.

A little music while I draw…
Gary Stewart - Gary's  Greatest-17 Original Hits
Gary Stewart (May 28, 1944 – December 16, 2003)[1] was a country musician and songwriter known for his distinctive vibrato voice and his southern rock influencedoutlaw country sound. During the peak of his popularity in the mid-1970s Time magazine described him as the "king of honkytonk."[2] He is remembered for a series of country chart hits from the mid- to late- 1970s, his biggest hit being "She's Actin' Single (I'm Drinkin' Doubles)," which topped the U.S. country singles charts in 1975.


It is in 07 and I'm back whereby the end? My dough us ready so I made piggies in a blanket and chicken sandwiches. The chicken sandwiches to eat during the basketball games afternoon. The San Antonio Spurs versus the Los Angeles Lakers. Guess where I will be at 230 this afternoon.

Right now I'm looking through a little 50 page anatomy book. The size alone tells you that it only covers the basics. But remember I just told you, the basics will carry you through to the details.

Have you ever heard Michal Dutkiewicz?


Freaky stuff, hey?


What you looking at?

I don't know what am I looking at! Pussy!


 I haven't shared any comical animals in a while sorry to disappoint. Hopefully we'll get through Turtles and Cats Move on to Other Funny Funny Funny Animals. Hopefully Funnier Animals. I'm Just Not a Cat Person. Turtles I'm Okay with.


Did you notice, that wherein it looks like wherever you move his eyes follow you?

Get some music started…
Jon & Vangelis - The Friends of Mr Cairo
It sounds a little theatrical for my tastes but I can't say it's bad music. I won't throw it away because… I don't have to

1-The 4-Hour Body An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman





When you feel mired in details or confused by the latest-and-greatest contradictory advice,
return to this short chapter. All you need to remember is:
Rule #1: Avoid “white” carbohydrates (or anything that can be white).
Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again.
Rule #3: Don’t drink calories.
Rule #4: Don’t eat fruit.
Rule #5: Take one day off per week and go nuts.


It is 2 o'clock and I just got back from one hour walk. Actually I created a hybrid between the walk in the jog called the shuffle jog. Copyrights are pending so feel free to use it until those of fallen the place. It was great day little cool but once I worked up a sweat I was very comfortable. The most important things that I stayed active for an hour. I got home, and enjoyed a large ice water. I am waiting for the game to start at 230, and for the Apple cobbler that I put into the oven to be ready… Also at 230.

Head is catching up on her young and the restless.
The youngest is playing World of Warcraft also known as wow.
The oldest is surfing the net and watching breaking bad.
I just finished my shower and will blog until game time.









It's 930 at night… Time to put this puppy to bed.
The Spurs won their basketball game against the Lakers. It was a boring game. I made Apple cobbler for the first half of the game. I made chili cheese fries for the fourth quarter. Kind of a backwards dinner. I'm saying I didn't cook dinner. That was it. Then I came up and read for a while. I was glad when Dean came up to studies in biology. We studied for a couple of hours. We just finished. Now I'm going to read in my bed and get ready to go to work tomorrow. As always, I wish you well , I think of you often. Good night.















No comments:

Post a Comment