Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fawlty Towers - Gourmet night







Hotel owner Basil Fawlty's incompetence, short fuse, and arrogance form a combination that ensures accidents and trouble are never far away.



Check it out on YouTube:

Funny Scenes from Fawlty Towers - Is this a Funny Scenes from Fawlty Towers - 

Is this a piece of your brain



Well, we've done it twice so it's a tradition:



Its closer to midnight than I usually stay up.  But I find myself unusually energized.  Packing always does that to me.  I start making lists in my mind of what I'm going to take. After all, its four days away from home and I need my stuff.  Actually, I have a bit of a unique system.  Surprised? I mentioned I have this quirk, I"ll save a shirt until I out grow it.  Well...I got tired of holding onto things too long so I took a weekend a while back and picked out my favorite ten tee shirts, fav then short sleeve golf shirt, fav short sleeve, fave lightweight  fave jeans, fav summer pants, fav winter pants, ...you get the idea. But only ten of each.  Everything else...went into suitcases or go thrown out.  Catch that? I put my old clothes in my luggage so I'm always packed! Genius. And if I don't come back with anything but an empty suitcase, who gives two shits.  I had extra shoes and bathroom crap.  So now I don't have to pack, I just grab a sack!



With the necessities out the the way, I have to spend my energy getting my personal electronics ready. Loading the iPod, android, and kindle.  What did we do without them? I can't get by without...




We will be going to my parent's first.  Have a bit of bird.  My mother and I like to cook.  It's where I get it. Actually I like to eat and it's the only way to know to get home cooking...to cook it.


My Mom has the youngest cooking,  here is a cake they made together.

 

Old people are so easy to take care of. You just wrap them in a snuggy like a baby and they go right to sleep.


 My brother and his wife will be joining us. It is our pleasure to serve them.  He has a very...organized wife..She runs the show. The 'show' is a mutual admiration society.  It works well from their perspective.


The have another pug, a black one. Their names are...your going to love this....J.R. and Sue Ellen, from the TV show Dallas. 

Then its on to San Antonio.  Head's mother lives a block away from her sister.  Her parents will be over often.


Her sister, Renae is a great hostess.  Planing all the social events.


It usually dissolves into a drunken, snot slinging affair.  We get the children drunk first for entertainment. 

 

All their neighbors will drop by.  Fun will be had my most...the rest will owe apologies the next day.


 Okay, time to shut this down. The Tao is becoming another tradition.

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 26The heavy is the root of the light;
The still is the master of unrest.

It's about being serious when you need to.  By taking care of the 'heavy' you are free to enjoy other things.  And by slowing down, you calm yourself.  Pretty clear, isn't it?


Check you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment