Wednesday, November 14, 2012

To bend is to become straight.

Howdy!


What can I put together tonight?  Where's the inspiration?



I woke up an hour early, an hour before my five forty five alarm.  Head's alarm goes off at six thirty. So I got up, the corgi trailing behind and went downstairs to  let her out and get the coffee started.  While it cooks, I go upstairs and boot up the computer.  My 'Tower'(1) is across the hall from our bedroom.  It shares a Jack-and-Jill bath with the youngest.  The dog is own her own until the pot brews then I come downstairs and let her in. 


Our house; half is one story the other half is two story. The downstairs is half under ground.  That's in the front.  In the back, its the garage and our room on top.  Know what's cool? With Google maps, you can look us up, see for yourself.  I better text you the address. If the same Google Earth pictures are up, you will see bikers in the front and back  We bought the house as a foreclosure because the people were using it for a grow house. The garage has lots of electrical outlets and it's own a/c.  Fact: our next door neighbor, a little old lady who lives alone, had our hose built and moved next door when she got a divorce.  Our driveway is in the back.  It goes out on a really neat tree canopied street.  I work a mile, mile and  half down that street.  It winds out under a railroad bridge.  Really cool.  





For the boys birthday, we went over to Forth Worth and caught the Amtrak over to Dallas. We stayed in a suite at the Haytt that connects to the Dallas train station.  We rode the train back past our house.  It was a fun weekend.  We did the tourist thing, going to the JFK musem, stood where he caught the bullet  Downtown gets a little dark at night, and I don't mean moonlight but they keep parts patrolled so we were safe enough to go out and get a steak dinner and hit some shops.  

I think we have some pics. 

  


 I really love this picture.  


 I really love beer!

 Walking back to the hotel. 

 Hotel lobby.  My son is invisible!

 Looks like  a weinner!

 Downtown Dallas.

 Dallas train station.

  
 

My boys were born on the same day, two years apart.  I am a cheap bastard so they have to split a cake.  Actually we have kind of a tradition.  I convinced them early on to take the money I would spend on a birthday party, where they would get a dozen ten dollar gifts from the other kids, and buy something substantial.  Go on, take the money and run!

If you don't have a copy of the Tao Teh Ching, get one. Today, I'm thinking hard about chapter 22:


"To yield is to preserve unity. To bend is to become straight. To empty oneself is to become full. To wear oneself out is to be renewed. To have little is to be content. To have abundance is to be troubled."
This is more about my situation, I am pissed at my *hole bosses. I work for a family and they have the dickbreath-gene.  This next part is more about you, and your situation:
If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. If you want to become straight, first let yourself become twisted. If you want to become full, first let yourself become empty. If you want to become new, first let yourself become old. Those whose desires are few get them, those whose desires are great go astray.



Pussy saying 'Goodnight'!




(1)Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (French: [miʃɛl ekɛm də mɔ̃tɛɲ]; February 28, 1533 – September 13, 1592) was one of the most influential writers of the French Renaissance, known for popularising the essay as a literary genre, and commonly thought of as the father of modern skepticism. In 1571, he retired from public life to the Tower of the Château, his so-called "citadel", in the Dordogne, where he almost totally isolated himself from every social and family affair. Locked up in his library, which contained a collection of some 1,500 works, he began work on his Essais ("Essays"), first published in 1580.




No comments:

Post a Comment