Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Horrors of War (2006)



HORRORS OF WAR derives from the "B" movie, Grindhouse tradition, made to play like a like a midnight movie. It is an independently-produced film made in a B-movie style, yet with a dramatic grounding and an eye toward bigger production values.......FILM SYNOPSIS: 'Feeling the pressure from Allied advance, Hitler unleashes his secret weapons giving rise to a type of warfare the world has never seen. Throughout the European theater of WWII, Lieutenant John Schmidt comes face to face with these "weapons." The Office of Strategic Services (O.S.S., precursor to the C.I.A.) initiates missions behind enemy lines to find the source of the weapons terrorizing U.S. soldiers fighting the Third Reich. Schmidt is joined by Captain Joe Russo and his group of war-hardened GIs who have experienced for themselves the all-too-real horrors of war in battle.

Album art...


Polka groupies!

Another warm day here.  Warm but it got windy.  It finally cut loose a real heavy downpour about eith o'clock. By then, we were all doing our own thing, each at their own computer. We had a great dinner, check it out on the food blog...


I made lunch for the youngest and a young lady from work.  They have been playing World of Warcraft together and wanted to put a face to the character. She is quitting to go back home to Connecticut. This is her last week.  I made my specialty, pigs inna blanket.



They had Coke, this is my beer.

A guy hollered in my face at work, not knowing I had talked the boss into not firing him.  I have more problems with passive aggressive people, which he is even though he raised his voice, than an aggressive person.  Passive aggressives are more devious, therefore, more of a threat.

We are all cleaning our rooms, getting ready for company, my family, this weekend.  I got mine done early, but the boys drag ass and piss Head off.  Not a good thing.  She is nice, but...get her pissed, watch out!

What's up with the Tao today?


Chapter 40
The returning is the movement of the Tao
The weak is the utilization of the Tao
The myriad things of the world are born of being
Being is born of non-being





Short but insightful...the beauty of the Tao is that it doesn't require force, just the opposite.  Like a morning shit, no stress, no strain, just sit...I'll stop there.  Just let things happen.  Put your efforts into keeping a clear mind and watch what happens.  'Born of ...non-being', that means everything comes from nothing if you think about it.  A tree from an acorn.  We came from just a few cells.  And we'll become nothing again soon enough.  

Again, the Tao appeals to my dead-ass because less is more.  It must be working because my boss mentioned I am a calming influence on the lab, just plodding forward. Think of it like when you work horses, you can't afford to get all nervous and jerky or you'll get hurt.  Slow and easy.  

Take it slow and easy my friend.


I love Santa!




No comments:

Post a Comment