Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Intensity



Chyna Shepherd is a twenty-six-year-old psychology student who survived an extremely troubled past. While visiting Laura Templeton's house, a farm in the Napa Valley. A serial killer named Edgler Foreman Vess breaks into the house, killing Laura and her parents. Chyna survives, but she learns of Vess's captive: a girl, just as innocent as Chyna, trapped in Vess's home far from the Napa Valley. Chyna feels a great sense of responsibility for this girl, and she travels deeper into her nightmare.





I read this book.  Remembered seeing a movie...but not really.  when I found out there actually was a movie, really a miniseries, based the books...the hunt was on! I looked high.  I looked low.  And eventually, I found it.  I'm watching it right now.  finished the series 'Longmire'. Watched it straight through and finished the entire first season, the only season so far, in short order. I know it was better than average because I watched it.  Most of the time I listen  to TV while I scribble and scratch.  That is what I call writing and drawing.  I thought it so cute...until I decided to use if for the name of a blog and found out if was far form original   Ohh, well.  I had a good time looking at all of the other blogs called 'scribbles and scratches'.

Lot's of talented people out there.  More than a few who think they are talented but really aren't.  My art is more akin to perler beads.  I have never played with perler beads but I'd like to.  It's more craft than art, more toy than either.  If you do not know about them, look them up.  I didn't until tonight and now I want a set.  Put them on my Amazon wish list.

On to the album cover:



I saved this cover because it inspires me to do an art project similar to it.  I am a big, big fan of big...of pin-up art.  I have a coffee table type book of great pin up artist.  some say I like to draw, and choose to draw nudes, because it is a legitimate way to look at naked women.  Guilty!   I told you why I like boobs... remember...mom...only friends...?

My day....run it down.

I got up and made breakfast tacos for my youngest.  He had a final.  Music appreciation.  I like him to get plenty of protein to fuel his brain for school, especially tests.  Potato and egg and cheese tacos.  I pour out the water from a bottle of drinking water and fill it with milk and chocolate syrup.  We have tons of these little white lunch bags I put his breakfast in.  While I had the food out, I made Head two to take to work.  She planned on working through lunch and wanted something to eat.  Opps, made too many, had to take one myself.  I put lots of Sarachi on mine.  You know Sarachi?

Sriracha (Thai: ศรีราชา, Thai pronunciation: [sǐrātɕʰā]) is a type of hot sauce, named after the coastal city of Si Racha, in the Chonburi Province of central Thailand, where it was possibly first produced for dishes served at local seafood restaurants.[1] It is a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.[2] In Thailand the sauce is most often called sot Siracha (Thai: ซอสศรีราชา) and only sometimes nam phrik Siracha (Thai: น้ำพริกศรีราชา).

Traditional Thai Sriracha sauce tends to be tangier, sweeter, and runnier in texture than non-Thai versions.[citation needed] Non-Thai sauces are different in flavor, color, and texture from Thai versions. The Huy Fong Foods brand ("Rooster Sauce") dominates in the USA.[1]

Sriracha used as a topping for phở (note the red sauce on the left; the black sauce ishoisin sauce)
In Thailand, Sriracha is frequently used as a dipping sauce, particularly for seafood. In Vietnamese cuisine, Sriracha appears as a condiment for phởfried noodles, a topping forspring rolls (Chả giò), and in sauces.
In the United States, Sriracha is added to mayonnaise to make the condiment in banh mi sandwiches.[3]



Look at some of the funny pics I found:





We use it around here like salt and pepper.  I have created a family of pepper heads.  We don't like to eat Thai food out because we can't order it extra spicy because we would gross out the other patrons by coughing, sweating, and turning red.

I need you to text me if your computer can read SD cards, it would be a convenient way for me so seed you stuff to read and watch.  Some of the movies and shows and books I've mentioned in this blog.  SD card like the one in the picture below.



I could send a memory stick, but the card would be easier



Let me know...

So he goes to class.  The eldest is sleeping.  He will be until noon.  He is a vampire, I'm sure of it. The youngest is a zombie.  One of the slow ones.  There are two kinds of zombies, the slow ones and the fast ones.  Any who...Head goes to work.  I go to work.  My first task is to look at all the jobs in house and make assignments.  It isn't as powerful a position as you might think.  Its more of a puzzle   Trying to find out how to get everything due out, out the door.  When someone calls in sick, that makes it more of a challenge   And then there are rush cases that really make things difficult, but for twice the price, its better than doing twice the work.  But that's private and confidential. Mums the word.

I come home for lunch   today, most days, I don't eat.  I live a warrior's life.  I like to eat well once a day.  I feel better that way.  the taco was rare for me.  But I did work on the soup for dinner.  Head likes a soup she calls white chili   She found the recipe and fixed it first but I got tired of canned beans so I kind of took it on myself   I used green chilies I'd roasted.  cooked the beans in the crock pot all day.  It rocked.   And with jalapeno cornbread,   well brother, you got a meal.  We had Dios XX beer for happy hour.  One each.

I watched NY play NY,  that is the Knicks play the Nets in basketball  Watched it downstairs with the eldest.  At halftime, I went to the grocery to get Head some hairspray.  This week I'm spoiling her for her birthday.  Her fav soup.  Getting personal grooming supplies.  The sky is the fucking limit.  That's about it.  we all just do our own thing around here.  It is how we recharge our batteries.  We have our space but we get up and visit with each other all evening.  Ain't no drama around here.




Okay, I have another Gandhi story for you.  H said it might speak to you.



You ever hear about the monkey in the cage holding a banana   He reached through the bars and picked up a great looking banana



He grabbed that banana but couldn't get it back through the bars to eat it.  So he stood there, with the banana he really wanted in his hand.  But he couldn't eat it.  Gandhi felt sorry for the monkey and brought food for the poor thing.  He put the food into the cage but the monkey wouldn't let go of the banana and go for the food.  Poor thing.



A great time to go to the Tao:


Chapter 35
Hold the great image
All under heaven will come
They come without harm, in harmonious peace
Music and food, passing travelers stop
The Tao that is spoken out of the mouth
Is bland and without flavor
Look at it, it cannot be seen
Listen to it, it cannot be heard
Use it, it cannot be exhausted

Hold the great image, my friend.







No comments:

Post a Comment