Monday, December 3, 2012

The.Hunter.2011



Martin, a mercenary, is sent from Europe by a mysterious biotech company to the Tasmanian wilderness on a hunt for the last Tasmanian tiger.




Let's see if this tickles your funny bone:



It has been a full day.  The FDA finished the audit.  Nothing big. No more talk abut work.  It's ...it's not good protocol.  And there is so much more to talk about.

the way I transitioned from work to home today was to have a smoke. I am not really allowed to smoke. Special occasions only.  I picked up a pack of short Marlboro's the other night wien we went to pick up the Thai food.  They are so cute and short, like Cello Green's fingers!

I work so close to home that I have no commute to switch gears.  So, today, I had a shortie.  By the time the butt was over, my mind was home.  The boys worked in the yard.  Leaves everywhere.  They bagged all they could in the front yard.  I went in had helped the youngest get the dishes done before Mama Bear came home.  She was so happy to see it spic and span.  The oldest had made a roast.  I heated up some veggies and Hawaiian rolls and voila...dinner.  I had time to drink a Mickey Big Mouth and bake a crumb cake. We ate dinner and watched basketball.  Mama Bear ran us out to watch The Voice.




Mickey's, the white man's malt liquor.  And the puzzles in the cap are a fun. If you can't figure them out, stop drinking.




The youngest wanted to play video, same for the oldest, ...I was free to go hang out in my man-lab.  I read through the half a dozen books I have going.  Messed with my Spec 20, spectrophotometer.  I need to test it out, I was given the instrument years ago and have yet to boot it up.




Lots of web sites and YouTube vids on things to do with it.

I also researched how to use a microtome.  I want to make my own cross-section slides.



You can get one hell of an education right on the web.  Did you know MIT offers many, many classes on-line for free.  Part of some free-education program.  And we spent all that money on a 'formal' education.  We did a lot of learning.  Now I'm trying to learn how to think. You need the degree to work but not to think. Hard to tell which is more important.

It is almost midnight, time for me to get under the sheets.  Let's close with a chapter from the TAO:

chapter 33
Knowing others is wisdom;
Knowing the self is enlightment.
Mastering others requires force;
Mastering the self needs strength.

He who knows he has enough is rich.
Perseverance is a sign of will power.
He who stays where he is endures.
To die but not to perish is to be eternally present.

Pretty self explanatory, if you ask me.

Lighten up and enjoy the ride.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment