Sunday, December 9, 2012

Longmire



Walt Longmire is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County. Widowed only a year, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. Struggling since his wife's death and at the urging of his daughter, Cady, Longmire knows that the time has come to turn his life around. With the help of Vic, a female deputy new to the department, he becomes reinvigorated about his job and committed to running for re-election. When Branch, an ambitious, young deputy decides to run against him for sheriff, Longmire feels betrayed but remains steadfast in his dedication to the community. Longmire often turns to close friend and confidant Henry Standing Bear for support as he sets out to rebuild both his personal and professional life, one step at a time.  

Longmire is a crime drama television series that premiered on June 3, 2012 on A&E.[1] The series was created by John Coveny and Hunt Baldwin and is based on the "Walt Longmire" series of mystery novels written by best-selling author Craig Johnson.[2]




I have finished my latest series, 'Person of Interest' and moving on t this one.  I watch tv/...  tv/write, tv/read/ tv/draw, and like right now, tv/blog.  I mentioned how I started watching a series one right after another. Remember me mentioning 'The Wire'. I fund it was so much different to watch the episodes back-to-back.  It becomes, not a movie, more of a mini series.  I enjoyed 'The Shield' that way.  I'll have to use that for a blog title some day soon.

I didn't do a gawd damn thing today.




  I did go for my hour walk.

















I took too long getting up and out the door to do my Sunday brunch thing.
 I heated left-overs up for the boys when I got back and ate them watching the Cowboys (who won) with the eldest.  He made some fresh coffee, notice the grinder and aeropress?



I made quisidillias.



Even with my home made tomatillo sauce, it wasn't spicy enough.  I added Sarachi after one bite.



  I am so proud of the youngest.  He has been getting up and going right to work studying for finials.  It might be too little too late but he is on the right path to continue with more success next semester.

 I forgot the album cover.



The boys did some yard work n preparation for the cold snap headed our way.  Leaves. Pool. Head went running errands.  A birthday present for our nephew. His day is the same as Head's.  It took the focus off her too many times. Now when the kids were younger, we would do the kid's party thing during the day then leave our kids, and go scoot a boot.

I haven't gotten her anything yet.  Maybe I'll go after work.  I know what I want to pick up.  I should be able to pull it off.

Do you like club soda? I like club soda. I'm not much of  a soda pop drinker.  Now and then, once in a while. It's funny the things you end up liking. A big part of it is what we come across.  You lave  a limited pool of experiences to pull favorites from.

My parents had a lot to do with how I make my decisions, how I pick my favorites.  They told me that as long as it was okay with Head, what we did was our business  Even though my mother taught public school  maybe because she taught public school, she never said a word when we pulled the youngest out to home school.  Just one out of  a lifetime of example of how things have been between us. I'm a mama's boy. My dad, he is closer to my little brother.  He was 21 and drunk when I was born.  We never bonded.  Although Mom never breast fed me, she only liked me as a friend, we have always been close.  It is how I came to enjoy cooking so much.  That, and I like to eat.

Our eldest is doing tear-downs of all the electronics in the house.   Pulled out his soldering iron and started attaching wires.  He also picked out his Christmas gift  a banjo.  The youngest has a regular and electric guitar. I just have a golden voice   We play Rock Band as a family activity.  I don't just sing when it's my turn, I put on a performance.

I just go up and made my rounds with the family.  The youngest was grinding on WoW (world of Warcraft .  H is sitting with her laptop.  Social networking, watching Young and the Restless. The eldest just ordered a kit for making different electronic projects.  He orders everything from Jolly Ranchers (five pounds takes a long time to eat) to clothes (he prefers J. Crew and weird T-shirts (what does 'China don't care' mean anyway?). The UPS guy comes almost daily.  The dogs wait for him, he leaves treats for them.

Rather than talk about dinner here, look at my other blog.

Another trip downstairs.  We all pitched in and made a batch of peanut butter cookies. I mixed them. H baked them, and the boys promised to eat them. We work together like that.

Until we get together again, remember...







No comments:

Post a Comment